Brewing courses are aimed at baristas who want to learn the manual coffee-making methods which are becoming increasingly popular among coffee enthusiasts.
Participants will develop their abilities to control every variable in the brewing process, create a cup that’s exactly suited to one’s preferences, and highlight the unique character of the coffee.
The course allows students to identify, through coffee tasting, cup flavors and those defects due to low quality or bad roasting.
ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION
This module introduces the beginner to the different ways of brewing coffee, from Chemex and siphon to clever dripper, cold brew and French press.
The module will focus on the most crucial technical and numerical requirements for each brewing method, from coarse grind setting, to water temperature, to different filters features, to time of extraction.
The course follows the Coffee Skills Program SCA modules. The examination can be taken at the end of the class and paid on site at the Coffee Studio. “Introduction to Coffee is a recommended (but not mandatory) pre-requisite module.
- Awareness of different filter methods and their characteristics.
- Knowledge of pressure brewing and impact of time and grind size.
- The importance of quality water for brewed coffee.
- Awareness that the correct water temperature of water is required to dissolve the desired flavours from the coffee.
- Understanding that the amount of time the water is in contact with the coffee will allow different quantity of solids to be dissolved.
DURATION: 8 hours
TRAINER: Chiara Bergonzi
NR. PARTECIPANTS: Max. 4
CERTIFICATION: Coffee Skills Program SCA
QUALIFICATION: 5 points towards Coffee Skills Program SCA
9 March 2021