Barista Skills is for people focusing on the key skills required to set your grinder, make espresso and foam and texture milk for cappuccinos. This module allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and build on your practical skills for milk technique and latte art, not to mention health and safety, customer service and basic business.
Barista Skills can be studied at three different levels.
This course aims to introduce core barista skills to people with no previous barista experience getting them confident with coffee equipment. Participants will learn to do a simple calibration of their grinders and make an espresso and cappuccino to core standards
The course follows the SCA Coffee Diploma System modules. The examination can be taken at the end of the class and paid on site at the Coffee Studio. Introduction to Coffee is a recommended (but not mandatory) pre-requisite module.
- Understanding of the importance using fresh coffee beans and how to keep them fresh
- Identification and naming of parts of main parts of a grinder.
- Basic understanding of how dose affects shot times.
- Understanding of when micro-adjustments to the grind are needed.
- Identification and naming of main parts of an espresso machine.
- Understanding of basic sensory qualities of under-extracted espresso, over-extracted espresso and a good espresso.
- Demonstration of techniques required to produce correct milk texture.
- Understanding of the importance of maintaining a hygienic and organised workspace.
DURATION: 8 ore
TRAINER: Chiara Bergonzi
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: Max. 4
QUALIFICATION: 5 points towards Coffee Skills Program SCA
UPCOMING DATES: 11 October 2023